Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Chains in Oklahoma City


As I got up this morning and looked outside, I was hoping for a phone call that would tell me the office was going to be closed today. As the clock ticked on by, I lost hope that the call would come.
The night before, the preparation for the wild ride had already begun. I installed the tire chains that Nancy had picked up for me. I took the back streets to downtown Oklahoma City, scooting over the ice and light snow that had accumulated the day before.

I got home today in about 28 minutes, as apposed to the 5 hours that it took Christmas Eve to reach the house from my day job. I owe all to the the snow cables/chains that we purchased prior winter mix moving into Oklahoma Wednesday night. I figured that, once was enough as far as being unprepared for bad road conditions in the OKC Metro area. I was able to comfortably stop at lights on hills, and proceed before the light turned red again.
If taken care of, I intend to keep these on hand for as long as I own the Nissan Titan that these snow cables fit. They are easy to install, and have a handy carrying case that will fit nicely behind the seat.
Hopefully, I won't be blogging about Blizzards in Oklahoma any more this year.



written by: Rick Jackson

No comments: