Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Rainy Morning in Oklahoma


Well it's the third day in a row that I have looked outside and seen rain gleaming between the Oklahoma City street lights and the darkness that lingers. I'm glad we are getting the rain. The grass was turning brown and this will help grass fires from starting. I know the ranchers welcome the rain to help the grass grow for livestock purposes and the farmers need it for their crops. All those who enjoy going to the lake and fishing should appreciate the rain.
I spoke to a person yesterday who raises watermelons. He told me the rain would really help the melons to grow to the size that they needed to be if we could get a little sunshine.
Today I have family flying to other states, friends having funerals, and I will be driving to work in the rain. I'm going to have a mentality that will accept the rain as a blessing and be thankful for all the good that it does. Since we are 90 percent water, I'm sure a little rain is probably a good thing.

By: Rick Jackson

No comments: