Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Downtown Oklahoma City


Sometimes in the morning, I like to look out the window where I work in downtown Oklahoma City and just gaze for a little while. I get to see a lot of interesting people and events. My day job is near the middle of one the largest cities in the USA. I am just a few blocks from the Ford Center, Myriad Gardens, State Fair Grounds, and Bricktown where the Oklahoma City Red Hawks play baseball. The Oklahoma River is less than 8 blocks away where the water taxis run from Meridian Avenue to Regatta Park near Bricktown.

I don't work in the high rise office building part of Oklahoma City, but our building and its area are in a prime real estate location. I try to imagine the older days when the oil boom first started and life here was like some of the old western movie.

As the real estate in Oklahoma City continues to evolve, a lot of the older buildings are getting facelifts and new owners. The neighbor hood associations have done a great job of beautifying the streets and sidewalks. There are many walking and bicycle trails, and several ways of public transportation. Soon there will be a new park across the river from the Ford Center and I-40 will be completed with a more efficient route through the metro area.

So if you’re at work and you are lucky enough to have even a little window, think about all that there is outside and expect good things to happen. You being where you are, play a part of it all.

Rick Jackson

No comments: